From small beginnings as an all-volunteer agency, incorporated in 1978, the East Texas Crisis Center has become a safe haven for those impacted by family violence, dating violence, sexual assault and violent crime.
In addition to Tyler and Smith County ETCC also has outreach offices in Henderson, Van Zandt, Wood & Rains Counties reaching underserved populations in some very rural areas.
Programs emphasize personal safety and care, empowerment to make beneficial choices, respect of self and others, encouragement to work toward change and to build strong and supportive relationships.
With help from wonderful supporters throughout the East Texas community we are able to provide to children while they are living in the emergency shelter:
- After-school programs and activities with an emphasis on math and reading.
- Full day summer camp for school age children.
- Early Childhood Education for 3-5 year old children.
- Music, Reading, Art and Science labs.
- Nursery Care for infants.
And for both residential and non-residential clients
- Individual and Family Therapy by Licensed Professional Counselors.
- Risk assessment and safety planning.
- Legal advocacy.
- Support groups.
- Economic education and life skills classes.
Thank you for your compassion, dedication and friendship in all you do to help us offer assistance to those in harm’s way and when they need it the most.
Lana Peacock, Executive Director