COVID-19 ETCC ACTION PLAN
COMMITMENT TO SERVE
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the East Texas Crisis Center is committed to serving victims and survivors of family violence, dating violence, sexual assault.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we are implementing the following:
- Our Hotline & Emergency Shelter remains operating 24/7.
- All Support Groups have been suspended until further notice.
- Face-to-Face Counseling & Advocacy sessions have been cancelled until further notice. We have posted notices on the front doors for those clients who forgot, any walk-ins or those who are unaware of our cancellations. All counseling, crisis intervention & advocacy are provided via phone. Video sessions are still in the works.
- Our outreach offices in Athens, Canton and Winnsoboro have suspended face-to face contact, crisis intervention& advocacy are provided via phone.
- All contact with volunteers, volunteer trainings, and peer-to-peer advocacy have been cancelled, until further notice.
- We continue to accept donations and supplies that can be dropped off at our Robert M. Rogers Administrative Building. Please call in first for all supplies to 903-579-2515, and speak to Sharon. Donation receipts will be sent to you by email or mail. Monetary Donations can be done online click the button below or mail to P.O. Box 7060, Tyler, Texas 75711.
- All Advocates and Administrative staff are working regular hours.
- Shelter Staff will continue to work at regular hours to provide necessary services to residents and their children. Shelter will house only One family or single resident per room. We continue to practice “Social Distancing”, observing 6 feet distance is mandatory throughout the facility.
- All staff are to maintain stringent hygiene habits; hand washing, disinfect all contact surfaces, wear gloves and or mask when needed.
Please continue to support and help the East Texas Crisis Center, with your donations or supplies needed for our emergency shelter.
If you plan to send supplies, please contact Sharon at 903-579-2515 to find out what we currently need. You can order supplies online through Amazon Smile, Office Depot, Walmart or any online suppliers and send them directly to us.