- Ensure Smooth operation of shelter for battered women and their children during assigned shift.
- Assist with the management and operation of the shelter during shift
- Provide crisis intervention to resident clients and children as needed.
- Responsible for answering Hotline calls during shift.
- Conduct screening women for intake into shelter.
- Provide safety planning and information and referral to assist residential clients to achieve their identified goals.
- Oversee activities of resident clients and children during shift.
- Provide referrals for resident clients and children for services with the agency as well as other community resources.
- Responsible for handling emergency situations at the shelter following guidelines set for in agency Policy and Procedures manual.
- Perform other work duties as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Crisis Intervention techniques/skills required
- Experience working with at-risk children
- Personable and able to be calm in crisis
- Ability to work independently
- Writing skills necessary
- Must be an effective team player
- Ability to problem solve
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer knowledge
- Data entry accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Working knowledge of community resources
- Ability to project positive and professional interpersonal skills
- Full-time position Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Associates Degree in Human Service field or two years’ experience working with women and children