Job Description: Bilingual Family Violence / Sexual Assault Counselor
· Provide therapeutic counseling to victims of family violence and sexual assault.
· Provide individual, family and group therapy, and facilitate classes.
· Provide parenting and interventions with parent and child/children as requested.
· Provide crisis intervention services for walk-in clients and residents of shelter as needed.
· Provide timely follow-up and information/referral services.
· Ensure adherence to state regulations and confidentiality requirements.
· Facilitate weekly therapy groups as scheduled.
· Maintain daily progress notes and required documentation for each client.
· Enter documentation of services daily through the Osnium database.
· Required on-call rotation for hospital emergency room as scheduled.
· Present counseling services for volunteer training as scheduled.
· Assist with public education as requested.
· Attend or complete professional trainings as required.
· And other duties as assigned.
· Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Counseling/Psychology.
· LPC License or LPC-A is required.
· Bilingual English – Spanish preferred.
· Will use therapeutic counseling based on evidence-based trauma-informed interventions and research-based treatments for trauma such as EMDR, Play & Art Therapy, Somatic Experiencing, or DBT.
· Knowledge of good management and organization practices.
· Skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
· Ability and willingness to work within a team-based culture with a focus on individual development and organizational growth.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or requirements.